Monday, June 8, 2015

Indiana University Bloomington - Week One

Hello everyone, my name is Beiwen Wu and I am a senior at University of Minnesota - Twin Cities studying nutrition and dietetics! I am doing my NACUFS internship at Indiana University Bloomington. I am so glad I was assigned here. It is a such a pretty town and campus. I love the flower, the quiet, the peace, and the nice people here.

Although I am the only intern here, I am not alone. My training coordinator, Micah, is so nice. He took me to the picnic on weekend with his family and friends and we had so much fun!  
On my first day, I did a tour with Micah to different food courts, cafes, and dining facilities on campus! It was fun but the Bloomington campus is so big to walk! I am glad I wore a pair of comfortable shoe! 

On my second day, I met the Registered Dietitian, Rachel! She shared her experience to me and also showed me how her daily work looks like. 

On my third day, I met the Senior Budget Analyst, Stew! He introduced how his team creates the annual budget for each dining facility. I also worked with Rachel to update menus for the upcoming new student orientation week! 

On my fourth day, we had a learning session with the HR counselor, Lyman. He is very interesting and talkative guy. He gave a presentation on decision-making. In order to help us better understand the decision-making process, he created some scenarios for us to discuss, which was really helpful. During the afternoon, I worked at Wight Food Court, which is the most popular food court on campus. Oops, I forgot to take pictures. More pictures will be shared next week since I will spend my whole week there to work and learn.

Oh, Friday, it was a wonderful day. I got all my paperwork, ID card, email account set up. Now I am ready to move on!   


No comments:

Post a Comment