Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 3 at UGA!!

This was a particularly weird week for me because I got sick, but I still got a lot done.

Monday, June 15th
     We spent the entire day with the second orientation team. We spent most of the day just setting up and breaking down stations. For lunch and dinner, I was the guiding voice that let students and parents know which line they needed to be in so they could enter the dining hall. We did not really sell any meal plans, it was more about answering questions about where the bathrooms are and how to get to different buildings on campus. By the end of the day, my voice was practically gone and I knew I was getting sick.

Tuesday, June 16th
     I woke that morning feeling like something was caught in my throat and no matter how hard I tried, it just would not come out. I ended up going to the urgent care center where the doctor told me that I had contracted some virus that had been going around along with a lovely case of bronchitis. I would spend the rest of this day and Wednesday held up in my room as to not get anyone else sick.

Thursday, June 18th
     Fast forward to Thursday when we worked with Jessica Rogers, the catering manger, and the rest of the catering team to set up the orientation parent breakfast. I got to be part of the team that sold Gift-o-Grams to the parents. Gift-o-Grams are handmade packages that get sent to the students that are full of little goodies that I hear the kids really enjoy. I was a little jealous because I never received one,but to be fair I was only away from home for a year. After we got all the parents cleared out and everything cleaned up, we were done for day. I really enjoyed working with catering. I think I might want to start looking into catering as a career.

Friday, June 19th
     This was fun, but pretty slow day. We worked with Bambi Cumuze, the assistant manager over at Red Clay Cafe. Everyone on the team made sure that we knew how slow the summer months are for them. I practically mastered the coffee maker and running the register. We also had another meeting with Ellie and Paul to go over a few ideas for the Grab 'n Go project we are working on. Like I said, it was pretty slow but still full of learning and listening to some of the ideas that they have over there about how to make their operation run better.

The weekend
     I did not really do too much other than laundry. I just kept to myself and watched some Netflix.

Set up for the parent breakfast part 1

Set up for the parent breakfast part 2

Behind the scenes at Red Clay Cafe

So, I just realized I did not take as many pictures as I thought for this week. I am rather disappointed in myself.

Later,

Flo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment