Friday, July 10, 2015

Week 3 in Blooming Indiana

I spent most of my time this week in Halls Food Service (HFS). HFS is the central warehouse in IUB and we bake fresh produce here as well! HFS is the only facility on campus that operating 24/7.

Monday, Deb, the office manager, showed me the process of ordering, receiving, and issuing products.  

Tuesday, Doreen, the teamer leader in the bakery department there, showed me how to make cookie doughs. She also told me they always prepare dry ingredients two days ahead for bakery goods in order to make sure everything is on the right track. 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Doreen is in charge of the day shift. And Cindy, another team leader in the bakery department, is in charge of the overnight shift from 9:00pm to 6:00am in the morning. I had a chance shadowing with Cindy and learn night shift tasks. This was my first time to experience overnight shift, which was challenging but exciting to me.

We made donuts for all dining facilities! Pretty and delicious! 

                                                  This is how the morning looks like at 6:00am! Time for sleeping! 

Friday, I shadowed with Katie and Jianing, the CBORD Systems Managers, to learn about the most important and widely used computer software -- CBORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment