Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wyoming Week 6!

This week we were in the retail dining establishments on campus.  We worked with Nick and Cara.  They showed us all the ropes for retail.  My favorite part of retail, was getting to go to all of the different coffee places on campus.  We got to go work in 3 of the different coffee shops and learn how to make all of the different coffee drinks.  I am a big coffee person so I really enjoyed this.  Now that I know how to make my favorite drink, I am probably going to buy an espresso machine when I get home and make it myself! It was really interesting because each different coffee shop used a different brand of coffee.  Making the same drink was a different process in each place and had a slight difference in taste.

One of our projects for the week was to create breakfast pizzas for Spokes in the union.  We spent a couple days researching all of the recipes we wanted to try and made a list of ingredients we needed.  We are very familiar with the ordering process here now so we got to make our own requisition form for our ingredients to be brought over.  We also went over to Washakie to say hi and "borrow" a few ingredients from them for the testing.  Unfortunately, I was really sick with a sinus infection that day so I only made it 2 hours into the pizza testing before I went home. Olivia continued the testing without me and lot of them came out really good!  They will be using a few of the recipes in the fall at Spokes.

Our first attempt at the pancake crust pizza.

The impinger we used to cook the pizzas.

Our crusts kind of blew up the first try. 



This was the week before the 4th of July so we got a long weekend!  We decided to go to Colorado Springs along with one of our co-workers, Wei, to celebrate the holiday!

Olivia and I when we got to Colorado Springs.

I found a Tipi at the Cliff Dwellings.

 The Manitou Cliff Dwellings.

The three of us at Garden of the Gods.

On the top of Pikes Peak!

No comments:

Post a Comment